IMPRINT CALL FOR PROPOSALS
PLEASE READ THIS PAGE FULLY AND CAREFULLY
THE LINK TO SUBMIT THE REVISED PROPOSAL IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
Guidelines & Tips for Revised Proposal Submission
Please address the revision requests received from the reviewers, Domain Expert Committee (DEC) and the Ministry as received.
There is an additional field to provide information regarding how the revision requests have been addressed. Please provide your response stating how the comments received for your proposal from reviewers, DEC, Council / Department / Ministry, have been addressed in the revised proposal. Please provide specific information for each comment, including in which part of the revised proposal the issue raised has been addressed.
Please also provide information for the field "Brief description of the proposal for the website" of 150 words with up to two supporting images with captions. This information regarding your proposal will be displayed on the website www.imprint-india.org to all visitors. You will have an option to not fill in this field however we recommend you fill this field unless you have compelling reasons not to do so.
IN FEW CASES IT MAY BE THAT REVIEWERS, THE DEC AND THE GOVERNMENT MINISTRY HAVE NOT REQUESTED A REVISION, IN THIS CASE TOO WE REQUEST YOU TO SUBMIT THE PROPOSAL AGAIN WITH INFORMATION FOR THE NEW FIELD, BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSAL FOR THE WEBSITE, ADDED.
The remaining guidelines and tips are as before and are serially arranged as per the format of the revised proposal for IMPRINT Call for Proposals given further below. The guidelines and tips are meant to help PIs plan and organize their submission precisely. The team may include PI, Co-PIs, partners, and collaborators who would directly be involved for the execution of the project and collectively own the responsibility.
The information that you have to submit directly in the fields provided, will be prefilled in the fields, using the information you had provided in the earlier submission. You only need to edit those fields where there is a change and those fields where new information is requested.
Please note that your proposal must strictly adhere to the format including word/page limit and be submitted in a single pdf file with less than 8 MB file size. List of appendices may have an additional, up to 2 MB, of combined file size. Non compliance may cause inordinate delay.
- Title should succinctly represent the theme of the project.
- Abstract should capture the main objective, motivation, research plan, deliverables and novelty of the project.
- Objectives should highlight the main goals or aims of the project.
- Budget should conform to the declared guidelines.
- Current status should clearly bring out the back ground or genesis, motivation and open questions prevailing in the field, and thereby, justify the objectives and connect to the deliverables.
- Motivation and scope should justify the overall research plan and its focus.
- Methodology and research plan should elaborate and convince the reviewer that the proposed work is justified, pragmatically designed and contains enough promise of success and delivery of a feasible and scalable technology.
- Justification and novelty should provide convincing argument in favor of the project and its approach to the reviewers.
- Benchmark, milestones and time-frame should define the specifications of the product or technology being developed, identify major milestones or landmarks and provide suitable timeframe to achieve the proposed milestones and benchmark.
- Industry participation is not mandatory but is desirable and may convince the reviewers about feasibility of the project.
- Please provide a list of equipment, infrastructure and facilities that are available at host institutions, accessible to the team members and relevant to this project.
- Please provide any evidence that may convince the reviewers about the feasibility of technology development potential of your project.
- Please provide a list of potential users who may volunteer to use or test the product developed by you.
- For final outcome and deliverables, please provide a list that should justify your project as commensurate with the philosophy of IMPRINT (i.e. translation of knowledge into viable technology in the form of a product or process).
- Please provide your response stating how the reviewers, DEC, Council / Dept. / Ministry, comments received for your proposal, if any have been received, have been addressed in the revised proposal. Please provide specific information for each comment, including in which part of the revised proposal the issue raised has been addressed.
- Please also provide information for the field "Brief description of the proposal for the website" of 150 words with up to two supporting images with captions. This information regarding your proposal will be displayed on the website to all visitors. You will have an option to not fill in this field however we recommend you fill this field unless you have compelling reasons not to do so.
- Please cite references, used in the proposal, that provide justification or relevance of your project proposal.
- You may include up to 10 supplementary items (figure, table, photo, letter, certificate, field trial results or any other document) in support of any of the above items of your proposal.
- There is no prescribed format for the forwarding letter for the proposal from institute authority. If there is more than one institute involved, for now please submit the forwarding letter only from the institute of the PI.
Format for Revised Proposal Submission
Please carefully read the information provided below to submit the revised proposal for IMPRINT Call for Proposals.
TO SUBMIT THE REVISED PROPOSAL YOU NEED TO LOGIN WITH THE PROPOSAL NUMBER AND THE PASSWORD YOU CHOSE AT THE TIME OF THE PRELIMINARY PROPOSAL SUBMISSION.
The proposal format is similar to the format for the final proposal submission but not exactly the same.
Those fields that were included earlier in the preliminary final format you have to submit again.
You cannot change the PI of the proposal or remove the Co PIs.
The revised proposal, in the format described below, has to be attached as a single pdf document (max. file size 8 MB). You are additionally allowed up to ten attachments, not counting the industry participation letter and the forwarding letter from the institute, with a combined file size, of the additional attachments, being less than 2MB.
Some of the information you include in the pdf file of the revised proposal, you have to ALSO provide directly in the fields provided. Such information fields are the proposal abstract, the proposed budget related fields, response to comments field and the brief information for the website field. Please remember to include the information in these fields in the pdf document of the proposal as well.
The proposal should adhere to the following format. Proposals that do not adhere to the format may not be reviewed. You have to make a declaration that you have adhered to the word limits to be able to submit the revised proposal. You will also have to confirm that the proposal is submitted through PI from a CFTI (Centrally Funded Technical Institute) or a TEQIP (Technical Education Improvement Programme) granted institute.
Please include the following sections in the revised proposal. In addition to the text, for fields not marked as "text only field", you can add a reasonable number of images and tables.
- Title (text only field, max. 25 words); the existing title will show in the field and it can be overwritten
- Abstract (text only field, max. 150 words)
- Objectives (text only field, max. 100 words)
- Budget (year-wise) max. total budget Rs. 4 Crores; the heads are: Equipment (less than 30% of the total excluding overhead)
Manpower, Consumables, Contingency, Travel, Others (please specify) and Institute Overhead (20% of the total or as per sponsoring Ministry’s norms)
- Current status (max. 600 words or two A4 size pages)
- Motivation and scope (max. 200 words)
- Methodology and research plan (max. 1500 words or five A4 size pages, including figures/charts/tables/images)
- Justification and novelty (max. 200 words)
- Benchmarks milestones and time frames (max. 300 words or one A4 size page, including table/chart)
- Nature and evidence of Industry participation (max. 100 words); this is desirable but optional, if you do have industry participation you should also attach a letter from the industry evidencing the support
- Equipment, infrastructure and facilities available at the host organization(s) (max. 200 words)
- Evidence of technology developed (300 words or one A4 size page, evidences such as paper, patent, letter, certificate, photograph, may be included)
- Potential users (max. 100 words)
- Final outcome and deliverables (max. 200 words)
- Please provide your response to reviewers, DEC, Council / Dept. / Ministry, comments, if any have been received, stating how the comments received for your proposal have been addressed
- Brief description of the proposal for the website (about 150 words)
- References (used in proposal, max. 300 words or one A4 size page)
- You can add up to ten additional attachments, not counting the industry participation letter and the forwarding letter from the institute, with a combined file size less than 2MB
- Forwarding letter for the proposal from institute authority; only from the institute of the PI, this will be an attachment
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR REVISED PROPOSAL